Picnic Area



Picnic Area and the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal.

The site has a natural slope down to the Canal and this slope has been landscaped to provide a picnic area with table and benches accessed by a tarmaced footpath. The site overlooks the Staffordshire and Worcestershire canal which was originally constructed in 1772 by James Brindley to link the docks at Bristol and the towns of Gloucester and Worcester with the Potteries region in Stoke on Trent and the Birmingham conurbation, via the Trent and Mersey Canal to which it links at Great Hayward junction. It was a commercial success, with trade from the "Potteries" (the towns making up modern-day Stoke on Trent) travelling southwards to Gloucester and Bristol, and trade from the Black Country travelling northwards to the Potteries via the junction from the Birmingham Canal at Aldersley.





UA-33190849-1

Comments